Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Won't Go Back - Only Forward

 

The family reunion was held in the same small town where my wife and my two children lived thirty years ago.  

One of the things that my kids wanted to do while we were there was to drive by the house that we lived in when they were little.  

I didn't volunteer to take them by the house.  They went to look at the house by themselves.  It wasn't that anything bad happened there.  In fact those were good days.  I guess I just didn't want to go back to those days - I have moved forward and I want to keep moving forward.

As a LBG (Late Breaking Gay) I have made a decision to accept myself.  In the process I have learned to forgive myself for living a lie in the past.  I can not pretend that lying was right and so I can't pretend to my children that I was perfect.   So I won't go back - only forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment