Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Sex Isn't Going to be the Same for a While

I have a bad knee.

Actually I have had a bad for forty years. I have had three surgeries on that knee.

It has been OK for years but I have been living on borrowed time. Time is up and now we have to get serious. So in two weeks I get a new knee.

I am really very excited about it but there is going to be a period of adjustment. OK a really long period of adjustment. Six weeks off of work and - well, the point of this posting - I don't know how long it will affect our sex.

So far - despite significant pain and a noticeable limp - the sex hasn't changed much. The reason for that is that I have the most wonderful and considerate lover in the world. Really!

But here is what I want to do: For the next couple of months (or more as needed) I will try to post every day to let you know how the surgery and the sex are going.

Here is why I want to do this: we are all getting older. LBGs (late breaking gays) are more likely to notice this change in our bodies because, damn it, once we have come out we wish we had come out way earlier. As we get older we are going to have this kind of stuff happen. We are going to have physical challenges that affect our sexual experiences.

So, as a public service, I want to share my experience with you. I want you to know the problems and the successes.

I think my partner and I are pretty adaptable. But it isn't just my partner and I. LBGs (late breaking gays)are by there very nature very adaptable. We waited but we finally came out of the closet. The very fact that we are LBG's means we are adaptable.

The surgery is scheduled for Oct 19th. I will let you know how it is going (we are already having to be creative in bed) but there may be some days when I am a little out of it right after the surgery. In the long run I think it is going to be wonderful.

In the short run it is going to suck (see, we are adapting already).

No comments:

Post a Comment