Thursday, February 18, 2010

Eternal Love

Do you believe in eternal love? I do!

On Valentines Day my partner and I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. As I am sure you know this wonderful movie is about a man who ages in reverse.

Or is it?

It isn’t about time at all!

It is really about loosing everything and in the process discovering what is really important.

Time isn’t an illusion, it is real. It changes everything. Over time we are always loosing everything; we just don’t want to recognize that. We don’t want to deal with it. We either want to stop time or reverse it or dash forward to something else. But the reality is that we are simply here in the moment.

I know, that the love that my partner share is eternal. Oh yea – we met on a certain day, and someday death will separate us. But I know that we have known each other in previous lives and will be with each other again in lives to come. It is just a fact. But it has nothing to do with time. It has to do with what is important.

So, my commitment is to live in the moment. I will cherish all that has gone before and have great hope for what will be, but I will take each day as it comes and make the most of it.

I am so glad for each moment that I have with the man that I love. I know that because it is really important it will last forever.

1 comment:

  1. This is from Lenny, Morris's partner.
    When M started talking about writing a blog, I was a little nervous. Yes, there is some anonymity to blogging, but what if someone with cruel intentions caused trouble?
    I have been pleasantly surprised by the admiration and support we have received. Thank you.
    I realize that "Eternal Love" may sound a bit over the top. But when we had been together for about a year, we each had the same dream. Multiple times. The more we talked about the dream (we immediately recognized each other) the more it felt like a memory instead of a random fantasy or dream. So there it is: we both feel as if we have been together in past lives, and we hope that our futures will be entwined as well. Because the feeling we share can't be described with words -at least none we have found yet.

    ReplyDelete