Sunday, May 19, 2013

Explaining it to the Kids

Explaining that you are gay or a LBG (Late Breaking Gay) to your children may
seem like the hardest part - and it will be hard - but kids aren't as stupid as we give them credit for.  Especially today's kids.

As a LBG (Late Breaking Gay) I was all concerned about telling my kids - they took it pretty well and certainly my husband's kids took it extremely well. But turn it around, a good friend of mine at work came to me this week to tell me that her 22 year old daughter is dating a girl.  

We get all caught up in what other people might think (and certainly some people have a negative reaction) but it is more important to find yourself and to be true to yourself than to try to force yourself to be something that you are not.  That is true even if you are trying to be what your kids think you are.  You will eventually break under the strain.  

Tell them the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment