Saturday, May 11, 2013

Coming Out at Fifty - Ten Years Later

So what was I expecting exactly?

Honestly when I came out at fifty I thought that
I was ruining my life.  I thought that I was making the biggest mistake of my life.  I was sure that I was too old to come out.  I figured that I would never have a date with a man, let alone have gay sex.  It never occurred to me, NEVER, that I could be in a loving stable relationship with a wonderful caring, sexy, handsome husband.
Now, ten years later I am happier than I have been in my life.

My friend, if you are reading this from your "closet" I can tell you, life is going to be all right.  Be a LBG (Late-Breaking-Gay).  If you are able to unlock the door and walk away one last time you will survive.

You will be happy.
You will feel free.
You will find new reasons to live.
You will sleep better.
You will know you are honest.

Coming out of the closet will not fix everything but you won't be as worried about everything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment